Re: Antwort: Re: SMS messages

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: SMS messages
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 10:26:55 -0400

Ah.  Sorry.  I did not recognize the title "SMS messages" as indicating the need
for an alternative protocol, since NetView does not  natively support anything
but TAP and PAKNET.  We do support specifying alternative protocols in the
nvpaging.protocol file, but they have to quite similar  to TAP in order to work,
as anyone who looks there will see.    I took Karsten to be asking a very
generic question, "How do I get the pager to work?" and not "Will the nvpager
utility send SMS messages to all carriers?"  That answer is obviously, "no".
Thanks for keeping me straight.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT