Re: Simulate traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Simulate traps
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:52:11 -0400

Larry, as I know you are an NT guy and don't have man pages (you must remember
to say that when you append since not everyone knows) I'll append an example of
nvsnmptrap (the NT version of  snmptrap).  Also, you can get the syntax for the
event command with  "event  -?".   Event is simpler to use but will only send
certain NetView traps (use  "event -e ?" to see which ones) while nvsnmptrap can
send anything but is harder to use.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT