Utilization expression...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Utilization expression...
From: "Gord Michaels" <gord_michaels@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:54:50 PDT
Hello All.

I have a couple of questions which someone may be able to help me out
with....

1. Regarding rmon, the events and alarms groups... can you set thresholds
for events/alarms on any MIB objects or must they be MIB Objects with the
rmon tree?

2. I have developed the following expresion for utilization reporting on my
switch ports:

8 * (ifInOctets + ifOutOctets) / ifSpeed.

Is this correct? Am I nelecting anything in this expression or is there a
better way to do it.

3. Finally, in NetView, can you set threholds for MIB expressions? Can you
use the alarms/events group on MIB expression thresholds in the same way you
would for a single MIB Object??

Any info appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels