Re: NetView NT Default Event Block?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView NT Default Event Block?
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:30:50 -0400

You have me very confused.  There is no way to use rulesets in NetView for NT to
forward anything to TEC.  On NT you must implement the tecad_nv6k.daemon to
forward to TEC (not a trivial process).    If that's what you have done, then
you should look in the tecad_nv6k.conf file for the "FilterMode" parameter.  The
default in 5.1 was "FilterMode=OUT" which means to send everything except what I
have selected.  In 6.0 this is changed to "FilterMode=IN".   But this has
nothing to do with rulesets on NT and you cannot use a ruleset to modify how the
tecad_nv6k daemon operates.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT