Antw: error in snmpCol.conf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antw: error in snmpCol.conf
From: "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold@gek.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 13:07:12 +0200
Hi werner,

it's not a bug, it's a feature...

If you look at /etc/netnmrc, you will find a few lines setting the LANG
environment variable. Since you are from germany I suppose you have LANG=DE_de
or somethiung like that.

It is obvious that in /etc/netnmrc

if [ "$LANG" = "C" ] || [ "$LANG" = "" ] ; then
  LANG=En_US
  export LANG
fi

won't work for most LANG values as it should.

Here my patch:

# Force LANG to En_US, regardless of user defined value
LANG=En_US
export LANG

and everything will work fine.

Thats all.

If I remember right you may stop snmpCollect, edit the snmpCol.conf and change
all those "," between numbers  to dots "." (be aware that there may be some
which should remain) (:%s/\([0-9]\),\([0-9]\)/\1.\2/ should do the job in vi, I
hope ;-) )) and re-start snmpCollect. Now it should work again.

Every time a User edits snmpCollect via the GUI with the "wrong"
LANG-environment this error will reoccur, so be sure to make the patch
deskribed above and stop/restart all GUI's.

So long

Michael Seibold

>>> werner.nixdorf@datev.de 02.08.2000  12.28 Uhr >>>
Hi List,

I'm running NV V6 on aix 4.3.3 and if I want to start an snmp-collection my
snmp-collector dies. the reason is the <thresval> and <resetval>-field in
the snmpCol.conf. I don't specify one of these values, but in the file the
entries look like "0,000000" instead of "0.000000" (colon instead of dot).

Do anybody know, what I need to change in my system (patch or anything else)
to prevent me from change it manually.

thanks

kannix