Re: my NV 6.0 dislikes the webserver - reset_ci fixed the problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: my NV 6.0 dislikes the webserver - reset_ci fixed the problem
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:31:22 -0400

Offhand, I cannot  say if this is a problem or not.   The error actually comes
not from snmpCollect but from code that was added to check your Tivoli Framework
oserv.  If you can start the Tivoli desktop after sourcing the Tivoli
environment, (run
"  .  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh "  and  then type  "  tivoli ") then there is
nothing to worry about.    If you can't then you will have to pursue fixing
that.  That is harder to do.  The Framework books have big discussion on this.

If you cannot start the desktop, then I would see if oserv is running, ( " ps
-ef  | grep oserv " ) and if not try starting it (again you must have the Tivoli
environment sourced first)  and then try " oserv -k $DBDIR -N ali ".  If it is
still running you must stop it before you try to restart it, by issuing "
odadmin shutdown all ".    If that doesn't work, you may have to kill the oserv
process. If you cannot restart it, then I recommend you call Support. The
Framework is not simple to get going again once it has been messed up.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Werner Nixdorf" <werner.nixdorf@datev.de> on 08/08/2000 11:04:52 AM