Re: xnmbrowser

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: xnmbrowser
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:30:36 -0400

As of two weeks ago, the latest maintenance (bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.17)
 was not good enough. You can put it on,  but may find that you cannot do
smpset
on anything. To workaround that problem, save the snmpd binary from before
bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.14 and replace the later one.

I have seen this xnmbrowser hang a couple of times, on V5 with AIX 4.2.1,
and V6
on AIX is 4.3.3. It might be a socket problem. Try looking at netstat -a
after browsing
once. If you wait until the socket clears, the next browser does not hang.
I suppose
that means it is some sort of tuning problem.

Detroit

James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM@tkg.com on 08/15/2000 08:52:37 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com