Re: DNS name change of routers/switches

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: DNS name change of routers/switches
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:02:24 -0400

I believe what you are seeing is that the Selection Name for the node
changed,
but the Selection Name for the interface cards did not change. That is not
problem for basic Netview function, but may cause you a problem if you have
made Smartsets/Collections based on interface names, or have scripts that
use nvUtil or nvdbformat or nvdbimport that depend on the names of the
interface card. The only I know to do about that is to delete and
rediscover
the node (or just the interfaces) . The names on the interface cards are
manufactured at discovery time and not revisited. If you are ambitious you
could report it to Support and maybe they will take it as a defect to fix
some day.

Detroit

Peter Cho <chop@tdbank.ca>@tkg.com on 08/15/2000 11:09:41 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com