TMNC lost connections to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TMNC lost connections to TEC
From: "Van Order, Drew (US - Hermitage)" <dvanorder@dttus.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:23:46 -0700
Hi all,

We are running TMNC 1.01 with TEC 3.6.2, both under AIX 4. Is anyone
experiencing issues with TMNC's tecad_ipfm daemon needing a restart when TEC
goes unavailable, even for a minute? The daemon itself is running fine, it
just no longer forwards events. We have the same issue with NetIQ running
under NT--the TEC connector is running, but loses connection until the
service is restarted. We are using portmapper for TEC.

We wish to code around this so that we do not lose availability, or at least
find out what is happening and why. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Drew Van Order
CNE, MCSE, Certified Tivoli Consultant
Enterprise Systems Management