Re: FORE Systems Hardware

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: FORE Systems Hardware
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:58:06 -0400

Tivoli Manager for Network Hardware - according to te datasheet on the
Tivoli website:
It supports CiscoWorks2000, IBM Nways Manager, Optivity, &Transcend
Enterprise Manager.

This product scans the databases of other products (eg the Cisco2000
database) for
data that can be added to the Tivoli Inventory database. It does not poll
the network
or scan the Netview database, which of course has little in it other than
the SNMP
sysDescr mib variable.  If that's what you were thinking of. With the old
Foreview on
Netview, I don't think it added a database of its own, it just added
fields, etc in the
Netview database. The new Foreview product may have its own database, but
TMNH does not handle it. According to the datasheet.

Detroit

Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>@tkg.com on 08/23/2000 10:04:37 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com