Re: nvdbformat command (language documentation).

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvdbformat command (language documentation).
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 00:06:54 -0400

You are right. I had not noticed that before. It's not documented on
AIX either.Maybe the group business is all there is? And maybe its not..
I would call Support for an explanation (share it with us, OK?) so
they can open a documentation apar. (I did not see it listed on things
fixed in 6.0.1).

I think you that you can only AND the selectrules, per the man page:

"Multiple SELECTRULE statements are combined using a combinatorial
AND boolean logic."

But you  can AND as many negatives as you want. So IP Status of Marginal
or Critical would be achieved with NOTS of all of the other states.

Detroit

"Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@intel.com>@tkg.com on 08/28/2000 07:41:57
PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com