How to offload NV polling to the MLM's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How to offload NV polling to the MLM's
From: "martyn oram" <martyn_oram@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:10:16 EDT
Hi. I have a question about MLM's...

I have set my Netview for Unix 5.1.3 server to discover new nodes, which it
has done. I am also in the process of installing MLM's in each remote branch
location that Netview has discovered nodes for.

My question is, what is the best way to update the MLM's alias tables, so
the MLM's will status poll the nodes in the branches (not all on the same
local segment). Since the branches have more than 1 segment, the only way I
know how to update the MLM alias tables is manually... is there a better
way?

Thanks, Martyn.