Re: Netview is not Discovering objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview is not Discovering objects
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:13:49 -0400

Chance, your seedfile is only rules. These rules only control
what Netview will do on the off-chance that it hears from some device
on your network. Rules like those, and address ranges, are treated
as filters, not as seeds. So to force discovery, you need to put
a few good devices in there. Pick a few routers around the network,
all with snmp enabled, and try it again.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

Chance Ellis <ellis@infonutz.com>@tkg.com on 08/31/2000 10:26:37 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com