Re: different time in OS and NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: different time in OS and NetView
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 07:19:59 -0400

What exacly is the difference and where does it show up?  NetView does not have
its own timing mechanism.  It calls the system time.  But that time is subject
to the locale setup on the box.  If your locale says you are using GMT and the
box says something different, then you would see a discrpeancy, particularly in
events.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT