Re: Unmanaged Objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Unmanaged Objects
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 07:16:52 -0400

No, there is not.  First of all, UNMANAGE is not a status, so you cannot set it
with the status trap, and second, no operations can be performed on a read-only
map.  It is a slave copy of the read-write map.  You would have to write a C/C++
application using the APIs documented in the Prgammer's Guide and Programmer's
Reference to do what you want, and even then that application would have to open
the map read-write with an OVwInit.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT