Nways Database and NetView database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nways Database and NetView database
From: "Geoffrey Cheng/Markham/IBM" <gcheng@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:33:38 -0400
Hi,

     I have several questions regarding Netview database and Nways Campus
Manager
     database(LAN, ATM).

     (1) Is there any relationship between these two sets of databases? If
I clear up the Nways
           objectStore database only, Will there be any impact on NetView
database?

     (2) If these two database system are independent of each other, after
I clear out the Nways
          database, but not NetView's, when will the database be
repopulated with device data?
          restart of cmld?  Will there be an independent polling on Nways
side? Or it will read
          data from NetView database and then poll the devices for
additional information?

     (3) In NetView, when the database size is big and adding/deleting
objects happens quite
           often, we have tools to compat the database, is there any tool
in Nways to do similar
           job ?

     Thanks..

Best Regards,