NV6.0.1 Global ACk

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV6.0.1 Global ACk
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:42:08 -0500
All,

I've installed NV6.0.1 and am trying to test the global acknowledge feature.
I've set the env variable NVMAPGLOBALACK as specified in the release notes,
then started the console sessions. Ack against critical or marginal objects
ar enot being propagated to other console sessions. I also see that the
isAcknowledged attribute is not being set for these objects.

Rereading the release notes, it states that all NetView 'client' machines
are updated. Is this feature only available for NV clients and the ack
status is not propagated between console sessions originating from the same
server?

Regards,

Steve Elliott
Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer