RE: Exception reporting

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Exception reporting
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:30:33 -0500
I'm aware of two methods, others may know of more. The first is TMNC, Tivoli
Manager for Network Connectivity. This is the SMARTS IP Fault Mgr event
correlator product. It suppresses events from downstream devices as well as
producing root cause analysis. It's an add-on module.

In 6.0.1, TMNC has been replaced with Router Fault isolation which does the
event suppression you want. The affected subnet(s) are displayed as
unreachable (white color).

Regards,

Steve Elliott
Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer