Firewalls

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Firewalls
From: "Vidal, Chaz" <chaz.vidal@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:49:46 +0930
Hi All,

I tried searching the archive but I haven't been able to see answers to my
questions.  Anyway, here goes :

We are trying to implement Netview on a customer site through 2 firewalls.
Mainly, we want to manage from our site A --> Firewall <----------->
Firewall <----> customer Site.  We plan to situate our Netview server in the
customer site and provide client access to our operators in site A.

Questions;
1.  Can Netview handle back to back firewalls?
2.  What ports need to be opened up to allow clients access a Netview server
across the firewall?
3.  Do you think it would be better to allow just console (xwindows) access
to the netview server instead of netview clients?

I hope y'all can help me out here because there isnt too much documentation
out there on Netview and firewalls.

Thanks for any help,