Re: Netview UNIX <-> NT MLM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview UNIX <-> NT MLM
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:04:20 -0400

Well, Mark, I think you ought to try this and let us know. It will probably
take a little work. I don't think the nvsniffer function on Unix creates
any
objects for you to set the status on, it only sets fields and creates
collections based on those fields. But if you forward the status traps
(there must be status traps on the NT version, right?) and create and
name those objects appropriately, you should be able to make those
traps do something when they come in on the Unix system, whether
they are naturally inclined to do so or not. If you have the systems in
place, check it out and let us know! (I don't see where the MLM comes
into it, I think you would just configure Netview on the NT system to
forward status traps about those sniffer objects to the Unix system. I
mean the MLM  may be there, but for other purposes.)

Detroit

"Mark van Kerkwyk" <mark@vk.net>@tkg.com on 09/25/2000 01:28:46 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com