Rediscovery Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Rediscovery Problem
From: "Scherting, Mark" <mscherting@state.mt.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:38:54 -0600
Greetings to the List,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with a problem I'm having rediscovering
a reconfigured Cisco 7500 router.

The IP addresses on the token ring and ethernet interfaces were swapped; old
token ring addresses are now ethernet and old ethernet addresses are now
token ring.  The interfaces were not shut down during the swap.  After the
swap a new icon for this router appeared in the "New Object Holding Area"
while the original icon remained in the original submap.  I deleted the
original icon/object from all submaps and now NetView refuses to rediscover
this router.  I also deleted the "old" networks this router was attached to.
These networks were rediscovered immediately and with the correct topology
symbols.

Hosts and seedfile were updated during the swap.  I can snmpwalk, ping and
telent to the router, but nmdemandpolling by name or IP address skips saying
the node is not found.

Multiple ovtopofix -A and ovtopofix -r 's with netmon & ipmap stopped, seem
to have no effect.  Ovtopofix -A does report a lot of "Cleaning up
Interface" on this router.

Ovobjprint -s lists limited information about this router.  Is there a way I
can purge all references to the router from tha databases, or what else
should I try?

This is NetView 5.1.3 on AIX 4.2.1.

Thanks in advance!

Mark A. Scherting