AW: Name resolution for Netview for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: Name resolution for Netview for NT
From: "Kral, Christoph" <Christoph.Kral@omv.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:28:27 +0200
Dear Leslie,

as far as I know the NT ping works for the 'netbios name' and not for the
'IP hostname'. But unfortunately you can set a different 'IP hostname' and
'netbios hostname' in the NT network properties although MS does not
recommend it.

Please check also the IP configuration with ipconfig /all to see the whole
configuration and if all the services have been started or configured in the
network properties and try to put the hostnames in the lmhost file which
resolves IP to 'netbios hostnames' like in the lmhosts.sam sample file.

Hope that helps,

Christoph Kral

OMV Aktiengesellschaft
F-RZ / Computer Control Center
Lassallestraße 3, A-1020 Wien
Telefon+43-1-40440/2331
Telefax +43-1-40440/62331

Christoph.Kral@omv.com
http://www.omv.co.at

'Nur tote Fische schwimmen mit dem Strom' , M. Gandhi