RE: MIBs for Cisco Routers.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: MIBs for Cisco Routers.
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:10:18 -0500
Hi Jane,
Following up on this for my own problems with trap loading, I take it you
run this as a script by itself and not as an argument in mib2trap, right? It
errors out when trying mib2trap, but I also get errors when I run it as a
script. Here's the output:

devnv1:root# ./snmptrap.clist
./snmptrap.clist: 3com-Bridge.mib:  not found
./snmptrap.clist[2]: 3com-Bridge.mib:  not found
./snmptrap.clist[3]: 3com-Bridge.mib:  not found
./snmptrap.clist[4]: 3com-Bridge.mib:  not found
./snmptrap.clist[5]: SNMPALRT:  not found
./snmptrap.clist[6]: syntax error at line 6 : `&' unexpected

I've loaded the 3com-Bridge mib, but no change. I'll tackle the
cisco.readmes next, but I wanted to run this by you first in case there's a
quick fix for it.

Thank you for your assistance,

Steve Elliott
Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer