RE: Cisco Works 4 AIX vs. Cisco Works 4 Solaris

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Cisco Works 4 AIX vs. Cisco Works 4 Solaris
From: "IMHOFF,MICHAEL (HP-Denmark,ex1)" <michael_imhoff@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:59:00 +0200
CiscoWorks is not on the price list anymore, so I'll talk about CW2000
instead.

Available on AIX (and HP-UX) is only a subset of the LAN Management Solution
Bundle called Campus bundle.

The products in Campus bundle are: Cisco Management Foundation (CMF,
includes e.g. Apache), Resource Manager (RM), Campus Manager (CM), CiscoView
(CV) and Traffic Director (TD).

All other Cisco management products will only be available on Solaris and
NT.

The Campus bundle for AIX and HP-UX are typically released 3 to 6 month
after NT and Solaris.

In order to decide which platform you should run CW2000 look at the
functionality and products you'll need and consider that CW2000 is not
integrated with NetView or NNM the way you are used to from CW 4 (via ARF),
but uses a web based integration with links. Running NetView on AIX and
CW2000 is absolutely feasible.

BR. Michael.