OVX beep does not work

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: OVX beep does not work
From: nvvaidya@in.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:40:14 +0530
Hello ,

I am setting up my netview for generating beeps for specific events using
OVXBEEP command. But the beep and Pop-up is not coming up.The server is AIX
ver 4.3.3.

I use the following script for generating the beep.

"
#START
export DISPLAY=10.72.15.41:0
/usr/OV/bin/ovxbeep $1 "IS UP"
#END

The OVACTIOND.LOG file reports as follows

Command /usr/OV/conf/C/beep.sh <node name> exited with value 1
Command /usr/OV/conf/C/beep.sh <node name> returned standard error data:
Xlib: connection to "10.72.15.41:0.0" refused by Server
Xlib: Client is not authorised to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: 10.72.15.41:0

What can be the problem?

Thanx and Regds,
Nitin Vaidya,
E-Mail: nvvaidya@in.ibm.com