Status of objects in Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Status of objects in Netview
From: lchiavacci@be-on.it
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:31:15 +0200
Hello,
I have installed Netview 6.0.1 on Windows NT 4.0 and I have a couple of
problems have with the handling of the status of objects.

The first one is due to the logic of "interface down" equals "status
critical". On some routers I have ISDN backup links that are always down
and go up when the Frame Relay link goes down. I would like to change the
logic of the status so that a link down is represented as Normal and a link
up is seen as Critical.

For the second point I would like to monitor several applications that are
executed on one server (say backup, database,  orders) and check for the
status. Based on the analysis of logs I would generate specific traps if
something is wrong on one application; this trap should then start an
application that changes the status of an object that I have created and
stands for application_on_server.
 I do not know which kind of object to create for this purpose and how to
set the status of this object(is there an application to force the status
of an object like nvsetservicestatus.exe that works with the  ID of the
object  ?).  I wonder if someone has maybe developed such an application
using the APIs provided by Netview.

Thank you very much.
Lorenzo Chiavacci