Re: Sample age-off of snmpCollect data

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Sample age-off of snmpCollect data
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:08:29 -0400
Thank you, Juan. That worked just fine. I cannot believe that in all the
years
I've been doing this I've never actually had to make that work before.

Detroit

echevarria@ES.IBM.COM@tkg.com on 10/16/2000 03:54:33 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  Re: [NV-L] Sample age-off of snmpCollect data

Leslie,

     yes, there is a bug in the variables in the awk part of the script.
Instead of being $4, $5, $6, $3 are $5, $6, $7, $4. I supressed the part of
the script with $p

The script I'm using now is a simplified version of the one in man pages.
It works well.

#          nvrecorta num_of_lines FILE
#                     |
#                     |__> number of lines (latest lines) of FILE that are
kept

# In the awk program:
# $5=startTime, $6=endTime, $7=dottedIPAddr, $4=value

snmpColDump -tTI $2 | \
     awk '{printf("%d\t%d\t%s\t%1g\n", $5, $6, $7, $4)}' | \
     tail -$1 | snmpColDump -r - $2
rm $2~         # deletes a temporary file

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Juan.

Juan Echevarría López