snmpwalk vs. nmdemandpoll

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpwalk vs. nmdemandpoll
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:40:54 -0500
All,

My previoulsy noted issue with snmpwalk working and nmdemandpoll not turns
out to be that the nmdemandpoll routine was substituting a public IP address
in place of the private IP address spec'd in the command. Unmanaging the
public address worked around the problem, but this doesn't clear up the
issue. These particular systems respond only to SNMP on their private IP
interfaces. I've taken care to build these nodes in the database so that the
private address is the first entry (lan0) in the TopM interface list, but
nmdemandpoll doesn't always seem to pick that interface upon which to work.
Is there a way to get nmdemandpoll to consistently use the lan0 entry?

Regards,

Steve Elliott
Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer
epicRealm, Inc.