Re: Event questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event questions
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:22:05 GMT
With respect to the question about the number of
events that are viewable, if you are running
NetView under UNIX, the answer is to go to
the

/usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents

file, and look for the following section, which
will let you set the number of events that are
viewable.  If you change this file, you'll have
to close and re-open your Event Viewer windows
to get the change to take effect.

>From Nvevents:

! defines maximum number of events displayed by the application
! in the main event window.
! range: 1 to 1000
!
nvevents.maxNumEvents         : 500
!
! defines maximum number of events displayed by the application
! in a dynamic window
! range: maxNumEvents to 9999
!
! Note: If the value specified is less than maxNumEvents, then maxNumEvents
! will be used.  8000 was the value originally coded in the program, so it
! is the default setting, but this may be too high for some environments.
!
nvevents.maxNumDynamicEvents         : 8000

Les Dickert