uptimeSummaryTable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: uptimeSummaryTable
From: DE SCHUTTER EMMANUEL <Emmanuel.DESCHUTTER@fortisbank.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:18:15 +0200
Hello all,

I'm still working with NV 5.1.2 (NT) running on an Alpha Server and I try to
find some information concerning two SQL tables : upTimeSummaryTable and
upTimetransitionTable. Apparently when discovering a new node, netmon
inserts the name, IP address and sysuptime of the node in the
uptimetransitiontable and uptimesummarytable. Then, when the node goes down
a new entry is inserted in the uptimetransitiontable. This way, Netview
maintains a history of the up/down times of the node.

Sometimes, when a node goes down, message "node down", netmon does not
insert a new record neither in the uptimetransitiontable nor in the
uptimesummarytable. Moreover, some nodes that were removed from my network
still remained in those tables.  Does someone know if a housekeeping
procedure exists for these tables. Does someone know where I can find
documentation about these SQL tables ?

Thanks in advance,

De Schutter Emmanuel