Netview Rules

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview Rules
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@stgeorge.com.au>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:37:07 +1100
In one of my rules I currently use an Event Attribute node to check a
particular word in the trap data to test the interface that has snuffed it. At
the moment I test for Serial0.

Is it possible to use wild cards in this test such that for particular routers
I could filter out any Serial I/F while letting others past (ie check Attribute
3.2 = Serial*?

Alternatively, if the event attribute is a string as above how would the
greater than, less than comparisons work, could I use a pair of nodes to filter
out anything greater than Serial0 and less than Serial9 thus letting anything
such as Ethernet0, ATM0 etc etc through or am I asking too much of the rules
engine?

Cheers - Gavin

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
St.George is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any