Netview Upgrade Questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview Upgrade Questions
From: "Jackie Hufnail" <jlh91350@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:37:19 GMT
Greetings to all.  I am new to this group and to the more modern versions of
Netview and am looking forward to communicating with people who have
experience implementing NetView on AIX.  I have several questions that I
hope may spark some response.

1.  Does anyone have experience with connecting and transmitting data
between NetView 6000 V5.0 or V6.0 for AIX and Optivity 9.1 residing on an NT
or Solaris platform?  If so, are there any problems to watch out for when
setting up this connection?

2.  Has anyone integrated Optivity 9.1 for AIX on the same AIX box with
NetView 6000 V6.0?  Were there any problems?  (We tried to put NetView 6000
5.1 and Optivity 8.x on the same AIX/RS6000 box and it was a disaster. - The
9.1 Optivity is supposed to work with AIX but I haven't found anyone who has
done it yet.)

3.  Has anyone recently upgraded from NetView 5.0 for AIX to 6.0 for AIX?
What problems were encountered?

Thank you all in advance,
Jackie Hufnail