Generic Gateway Symbol

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Generic Gateway Symbol
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:12:10 -0600
Config: NetView 6.0.1 on Solaris 2.6

All,

Is there a way to change the default symbol for a non-SNMP, multiple
interface node? Better yet, is there a way to mass change the symbol used
for any node with a Selection Name of a specific string, e.g.: 'SRVxxx' ?
Our network consists of a series of data centers populated by Intel servers
(required to be non-SNMP) and SNMP-enabled network infrastructure devices
(routers, switches, etc.). The nw infrastructure device sysmbols are easy to
take care of with proper oid_to_sym and oid_to_type entries, but I'd like to
have the servers depicted with a server symbol vs. a gateway symbol. The
only way I've found to change them to date is manually and that's not good
for 1500+ servers.

Regards,

Steve Elliott
Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer