RE: How to manage VPNs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: How to manage VPNs
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:50:02 -0600
Frank,

I'm not 100% certain that my answer is correct, tho I did go a few rounds
with Tivoli on this very issue. Our data center links are also VPN's with
discontiguous address ranges. We had to draw links manually (via Edit, Add,
Connection) between sites in order to show connectivity. I'm hoping someone
out there has a better solution, but the fact that the addresses are
discontiguous pretty well keep NetView from figuring out that they are
connected.

I never had the issue you are with the firewall, tho.

Regards,

Steve Elliott
Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer
epicRealm, Inc.