Re: Network Unreachable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Network Unreachable
From: "Ken Karasek" <KGKARASE@hewitt.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:23:27 -0600

Ray,

The Network Unreachable status is due to the new RFI (Router Fault Isolation)
for layer 3 devices that made it's debut under NV 6.0. Under NV 6.0 the customer
had to activate the required scripts. It's now automatic in NV 6.0.1.

I'm meeting with Tivoli NetView heads next week. I hoping to persuade them to
look into implementing layer 2 isolation in some future release. I have a few
new requests as well as requests to restore other functionality that has been
removed since 4.x.