RE: nvcorrd dies on signal 11

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: nvcorrd dies on signal 11
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:39:50 -0500
Joel -
Are you opening problems with Support on these?  I see no APARs taken for
you regarding cores in nvcorrd.
And you may have had a core in nvcorrd in 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 but it may not be
the same problem by 6.0.1. The same symptom may have radically different
causes.  All known cores in 5.1.2 were resolved in 5.1.3, and  there were
no new ons reported by the time 5.1.3 shipped.   And 6.0.1 is ahead of
5.1.3.  I know this because I fixed them.  A new APAR was opened yesterday
for a core which occurs when a dynamic window containing a ruleset that
thas two or more Reset-On-Match nodes is closed, but that is first
documented report of an nvcorrd core since 5.1.3 was completed in January.
 By "documented" I mean that the person who had it called Support and gave
them the core file, core report, ruleset, and logs to show what was going
on. I don't know how to fix what I don't get doc on .

But your circumvention is a good one while you wait for a fix.  Still it
would be better if you also calling Support so we cn get t work on it.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@usaa.com> on 11/10/2000 11:14:25 AM