Antwort: Re:nvcorrd dies on signal 11 update

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: Re:nvcorrd dies on signal 11 update
From: Uwe.Richter@synthesis.de
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:13:41 +0100
The APAR is IY14285.

Uwe

"Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner@rfv.sfa.se>
Gesendet von: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
13.11.2000 14:15
Bitte antworten an IBM NetView Discussion

        An:     nv-l@tkg.com
        Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Uwe Richter/Synthesis)
        Thema:  [NV-L] Re:nvcorrd dies on signal 11 update

Thank's for suggestions regarding this ; it looks like the APAR which is
opened
by Uwe Richter is very interesting
for us too. Have 2 dynamic windows with rulesets defined which both have 2
Reset-On-Match nodes. The difference is that
these 2 dynamic workspaces are never closed - saved when NetView GUI taken
down
so they come up with the permanent
workspace when you start up the NetView GUI. It's correct that there is a
core
dump in the file system. Can I have the APAR
number so I can read what it contains BEFORE I report this to Support ????

>Have NetView V6.0.1 and Aix 4.3.3 and have a "little" problem with
nvcorrd
which
>dies on us randomly with signal 11. We have rulesets which we are using
for
correlation
>and a script  which takes away some traps ( eg ISDN BRI ). Has someone
experienced
>the same problems as we have ? Any suggestions appreciated ....

Mike Gruner
RFV Sweden