Re: Tivoli Netview on HP UNIX???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivoli Netview on HP UNIX???
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:52:22 -0500
There is an MLM available for HP  but not NetView itself.  Did somebody get
confused with that?  It has been available for quite awhile.
As far as I know the old licensing restrictions remain.  It was NetView
that was developed from OpenView, not the other way around, and we have
been forbidden to port to HP in the past.  Besides, it would not make much
sense to do this.  HP is losing ground.  Better we should pick a UNIX which
is growing in popularity, such as Linux, but even that is not underway at
this time. So as far as I know, and I do know about most of the NetView
development projects underway, porting to HP is a fantasy.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

luc BARNOUIN <luc.barnouin@FR.AIRSYSATM.THOMSON-CSF.COM> on 11/14/2000