Re: What Needs To Be Backed Up

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: What Needs To Be Backed Up
From: Gareth_Holl@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:28:56 -0500
If you are only interested in restoring your databases, then
\usr\ov\databases would be sufficient. It would be a good idea to include
\usr\ov\conf if you have customised settings that you want to restore.
If you're playing around is going to change files in other directories such
as \usr\ov\app-defaults and \usr\ov\registration and even \usr\ov\lrf, then
you may even want to consider backing them up also. Ultimately if you have
your databases and conf directories backed up, then you can always
re-install NetView to restore the other directories. Your \usr\ov\databases
directory, the trapd.conf, and snmpcol.conf files will be preserved in an
upgrade/migration.

If hard disk space is not an issue, backup the whole \usr\ov directory :-)
Also, since you're at the stage of playing around, I would recommend you
upgrade to 6.0.1 or get the 6.0.1 CD and do a fresh install. Hope this
helps,

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl@tivoli.com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  NC  27703.    1-800-TIVOLI-8

"Lee, Ken (IT)" <ken.lee@lamrc.com> on 11/14/2000 04:03:08 PM