Re: Inline action fails in ruleset

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Inline action fails in ruleset
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:52:52 -0500
The inline action node builds a script called /usr/OV/tmp/@@uactions in
which it executes you script or command, so yes, the syntax error message
indicates a script failure that you should investigate.  I don't see that
the wait interval has anything to do with the failure but that is something
you will have to decide.
Increasing the wait when the script executes correctly will have no effect.
But when it doesn't, how long do you want to hold up event processing
waiting for it to finish?  I would be looking into the failure and also how
many on these inline actions you have running at one time.

As for filtering, you could have two event attribute nodes in parallel if
you want , something like this:
     rs_node 1 connects to event attribute1 which connects to rs_node 2
     rs_node 1 connects to event attribute2 which connects to rs_node2

So if event attribute 1 looks for "BRIO/1" while event attribute 2 looks
for "BRIO/4", those which fail event attribute 1 will pass attribute 2 and
vice-vera, and those which are neither of these will fail.    I don't think
it will help in this case but the Event Attribute node also lets you
specify a word in a variable using a dotted decimal type notation.  So for
example, the second word of the third trap variable may be specified as
"3.2".

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT