Changing community on manager station

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Changing community on manager station
From: thierry.van-mol@CIEV.vd.ch
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:31:10 +0100
I have Netview 6.01 running on Solaris 2.6.

I tried to change the community strings of the station
from the public and private defaults to some other value.

What I have done is modifying the /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf
file, and also modified in Netview the default
community in Option->SNMP Configuration.

When I do a

snmpget station .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0

I got the correct answer. But when I start Netview, the
station doesn't appear in the Manager Submap. Also,
in the event window, I see an authentification failure
trap for the management station. But if I test the SNMP
connectivity, it works.

I have already tried to reset the databases and done a reset_ci.

What else should I do?

Many thanks in advance.