Antw: To: nv-l@tkg.com

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antw: To: nv-l@tkg.com
From: "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold@gek.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:25:26 +0100
You might take a look at

http://www.cavebear.com/CaveBear/Ethernet/
http://www.pin-outs.com/datasheet_59.htm
http://www.liii.com/~redsonja/macmap.html

hope this helps for vendor codes

Michael Seibold
Gmünder Ersatzkasse

>>> Winfried.Gehrig@skf.com 23.11. 10.50 Uhr >>>
Hello Netview-folks around the planet,

we are driving a Netview 5.1.2 /Optivity 8.1.1/AIX4.3.2-platform on our
wonderful
neverstopping IBM C10 from 1990 with installed WEB-Server for our Operating
using Internet-Explorer 5.00. The machine is also used as primary
DNS-system
and Distributed Sniffer-Analyzer-machine.

To isolate problems faster, I'm looking for a tool that identifies the vendor of
a network interface card based on the first 3 bytes of the worldwide unique
vendor-code within the MAC-address.
Our Sniffer-system show some but not all actual ones.

Does anyone know of a tool for AIX or NT with that function ?
Is there a database or a function within Netview or Optivity ?
I also assume that there must be a RFC that shows this information.

Thanks for help in advance.

                      ```
                     (o o)
Winfried Gehrig         mailto:Winfried.Gehrig@skf.com
SKF GmbH                FON  ++49(0)9721 56 3077
Gunnar Wester Str. 12   Virtual FAX  ++49(0)9721 5663266
97421 Schweinfurt
(Germany)
Our bearings turn the planet
http://www.skf.com