Re: Forwarding events from Netview to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forwarding events from Netview to TEC
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:51:07 -0500
To use the internal TEC adapter, you must configure TEC forwarding from
SMIT or the Framework (or now serversetup) to do that.  This creates a file
called /usr/OV/conf/tecint.conf which contains the name of the TEC server
and the ruleset you are using to do the forwarding.  When you configure the
event with Trap Customization you are only controlling the formatting.
That does not cause the event to be sent.   If there is a tecint.conf file
and nvserverd is restarted he will attempt to contact the TEC server and
send events.  If he is unsuccessful, then the events will be cached in a
file called /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache until contact with the TEC sever is made.
nvserverd will try to establish contact for every event he receives which
is supposed to be forwarded.  Once contact is made the entire cache file
will be sent, and thereafter each new event.

There is a checklist of things to do to forward events to TEC in Chapter 8
of the Installation and Configuration Guide.  If your TEC server is on NT
rather than UNIX then you have to edit the tecint.conf file and add more
information to it.  See the man page on tecint.conf for more details.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Carlos Enriquez Bolio <enriquezc@usa.net> on 11/23/2000 02:09:35 PM