nmdemandpoll problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: nmdemandpoll problem
From: Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:36:55 -0600
All,

Environment: NV 6.0.1 on Solaris 2.6.

After deleting all nodes in a container and adding them back via loadhosts,
nmdemandpoll is suddenly failing with the following:

***** Node 'SVI2X2.SJC1B' not found, demand poll skipped *****

nmdemandpoll worked fine before the delete/add operation. Test IP/TCP/SNMP
Connectivity still works just fine. Nothing's changed in the SNMP
configuration, but I deleted the entry and re-entered it anyway with no
change in results. Entries in SNMP config are by name and they match the
entries in /etc/hosts. I've duplicated the problem by performing the
delete/add operation on another container of nodes with the same results.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Also, is the error message above the
result of a name resolution operation or something else nmdemandpoll is
doing?

Best Regards,

Steve Elliott
Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer