Re: Antwort: Re: Better Graphing tools for Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Better Graphing tools for Netview
From: Clarence Hart <rti1clh@ismd.ups.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:39:08 -0500 (EST)
Jochen,

        I thank you once agian for turning me on to rrdtool, its been great so
        far.  I just wanted to know if you ran into the same problem that Ive
        encountered.
        This is what I'm doing;

                1) snmpCollect collects and saves all data from OID.#! files.

                2) I then read/dump the OID.# data to create the rrd's.

                3) webpage displays on-the-fly graphs.

        The problem happens during step 1. My network devices have 32bit
        counters so once or twice a day on busy ports the counters reset or
        wrap.  This causes a gap in the rrd database. Have you run into this
        problem?

        Also I'm wondering has anyone change the mib.coerce data file
        to store GAUGE instead of COUNTER type data to resolve similar issues.

CoolC