RE: NetView SNMP Data Collection Problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView SNMP Data Collection Problems
From: "Ed Goodwin" <egoodwin@advertising.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:21:38 -0500
Paul,

We recently installed NetView 6.0.1 on NT 4.0 SP 6

What do you mean by not consistently getting the data you want to collect?
Does it stop collecting data after a certain date/time?  We just recently
started collecting data ourselves and ran into a problem with the size of
the DB file.  In an attempt to collect a history on certain devices, we
changed the default DB purging to occur monthly.  (Options > Server Setup >
Files Tab > "Schedule SNMPCollect Data to Delete" drop down item)

The data collection proceeded smoothly for 5 - 6 days until it stopped
collecting data completely.  Looking at the DB file, it contained approx
750,000 records and was about 300MB in size.  The consultant helping out
with our install figures that we reached a limit in the file size.  Our
server has plenty of disk space - 15 GB with < 600MB used.

Does anyone else have any experience with this issue?

Ed Goodwin