strange character instead of carriage return

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: strange character instead of carriage return
From: Helen Cloostermans <Helen.Cloostermans@dexia.be>
Date: 12 Dec 2000 14:59:21 +0100
Hello all,

Since I've upgraded from Netview 5.1 to Netview 6.0.1, I'm having some problems
with the carriage return character:

When I do an ovxecho of a file (for example /usr/OV/bin/ovxecho "`cat
/usr/OV/log/toon`" ), I just get one long line instead of having several short
lines as it was before the upgrade. In this long line, the "enters' are being
replaced by some strange character.

Or when I launch xnmtrap (Event Configuration), I have the same problem on the
'Configure Categories' and 'Configure Additional Actions' buttons.

I have a second Netview server with the same Netview version and AIX version
(4.3.3), where I don't have this problem.
So I compared the files in /usr/OV/app-defaults, but I can't find any
differences. Are there other files that I have to check ?

What can I do to solve this problem ?

Any help is appreciated.