NetView 6 NT discovery permission denied

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView 6 NT discovery permission denied
From: noelt@be.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:30:01 +0100

Dear forum readers,

I have the following strange problem.
First I had installed Nways NT V2.1 with netview IT director edition 5.1N.
Everything was fine with NetView. Then I uninstalled NWays manager and
upgraded netview 5.1 IT director edition to NetView 6.01 enterprise
edition. The upgrade went without any problems BUT, when I try to configure
NetView discovery (options->discovery) and that I try to change any value
like discovery speed, or like enabling seed file discovery, I receive the
following message when I click on apply or OK: "NetView server: Permission
denied", resulting in NetView not changing the values. I tried to reboot, I
checked if there were any RO files left anywhere.nope. nothing.
Can someone give me useful suggestions on that one ?
Thanks in advance.