Re: Remote Admin...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Remote Admin...
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:45:09 +1030
Sounds to me like APM (automatic power management) which may be inherent in the
BIOS settings for the box. You would need to find out whether this is a BIOS
setting or a function of the OS (as happens in some Linux distributions in
runlevel 3 mode)

Don't know about any ability to change this from Netview though, in our case I
wrote a quick and dirty assembler program to update the BIOS settings on the
individual PCs and used Tivoli to distribute but the APM settings, being a
non-standard BIOS extension, will probably be at different addresses for each
BIOS incarnation

Cheers - Gavin

>>> "Williams, Darlene - CIM-2" <dawilliams@bpa.gov> 14/12/2000 06:43:03 >>>
Hi all,
I am new to NetView... I have a remote client that needs me to "turn-off"
his "screen blanking feature".  He likens it to a screen saver... after so
many minutes the screen goes black.  Does anyone know how to perform this
remotely or what utility I should look for to keep this from happening?
Thanks,
Darlene - Telecomm. Tech

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
Bank SA is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any