Re: snmp proxies in v6r0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmp proxies in v6r0
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:58:06 -0500
You need to get off 6.0 and install 6.0.1.
No customer should remain at 6.0 if he has any problems at all.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

echevarria@ES.IBM.COM@tkg.com on 12/13/2000 10:33:29 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:   paqui_martinez@ES.IBM.COM
Subject:  [NV-L] snmp proxies in v6r0

Hello everybody,

     I never had any SNMP proxy in my Netview. I have just upgraded one of
my Netviews for Unix (AIX 4.2.1) from v5r1 to v6r0 and I have found out
that some of my routers now appear in the xnmsnmpconf window as proxied by
themselves!! so they appear now twice: first time with its IP address, with
right community name and without proxy; second with its hostname, with
community public and proxied by its hostname. I guess this has to do with
the new SNMP polling, but I'm not sure if all my snmp polled nodes appear
in the list or just some of them.
     Is that behaviour right? Can anybody tell me something else on that?

Many thanks in advance,
Juan.

Juan Echevarría López
AT&T Global Network Services